Monday, January 7, 2008

1/07/08



Today we learned about Kinetic Energy. Kinetic energy is the energy of a body or a system with respect to the motion of the body or of the particles in the system. Also we learned how most of us failed the quiz that we took, except for me. I think everyone needs to spend more time thinking about physics. We need to think about physics all the time, therefore this blogger site may help students get more fluent with the physics language. Also during class there have been too many interuptions, I wont name peoples names but you should know who you are. It is hard to teach a 40 minute class with people having side conversations all the time. I have been hearing complaints about how people don't understand certain material, and maybe if our class concentrated more during the class we wouldn't have these problems.



6 comments:

Larry Wirth said...

Ditto.
I spend a lot of class time asking certain students to stop personal conversations - it hurts you, and even if you aren't concerned about your own grade, please think about the education of the fellow students that you are disrupting.
Thank you for bringing up this important point.

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Larry Wirth said...

I'll toss another comment in that applies to all students (not just mine), in all classes - if you plan on heading off to a challenging school after you graduate from MHS, remember - it will require all the energy and focus you can muster. Getting IN to a college is the easy part, staying in, doing well, and graduating is the difficult part.
Graduation rates for a bachelor's degree vary from about 1/3 to about 2/3, depending on the state. At that's a six-year rate - that fraction finish a four year degree in six years.
Right now would be a great time for all students in all of their classes to get over the myth of "Senioritis" and focus on the upcoming mid-term and second semester, so you can finish your MHS career strong, and hit the ground running when you head off to college in August.

Anonymous said...

Just because I dont like the class doesnt mean I dont try. Actually physics is the class I try the most in, I openly share my thoughts to the class about physics. On the other hand you and a select few of others can be a big distraction, which is one reason it is dificult to learn in the class. All the side conversations have to stop because there are people who want to get the best out of their education and are looking to succeed and thrive far past highschool. In order for that to happen they need the best possible education they can get. Im not saying im an A student because im definitly not, and im not just talking about me im talking about the whole class in general. Ill admit I used to be a big distraction in class but now i realize that its not right so I moved myself to the back and keep the side conversations to a minimum. Oo yaa and by the way this blogging idea is kind of fun, I wish I spent as much time working on homework as I do blogging on this website.